Wednesday 24 October 2018

Wednesday Medley

https://tdorsaneo.blogspot.com/2018/10/wednesday-medley.html
Terri - our friend from Florida hosts this meme.   Click on the picture to visit her and other participants.  Thanks Terri.

On this day theme...


1.  On this day in 1908, Billy Murray hits the charts with his “Take Me Out to The Ball Game”.  Did you watch the MLB playoffs, and are you watching the World Series?

No.  We probably could get them here in the UK but I'm not a sport lover. 

2.  On this day in 1962, “The Manchurian Candidate”, directed by John Frankenheimer, starring Frank Sinatra and Laurence Harvey, was released.  What is your favorite Frank Sinatra song? 
Umm I was a little too young for Sinatra.

3.  On this day in 1968, Mick Jagger and Marianne Faithful were busted for pot and released on £50 bail.  Has your state approved the sale of medical marijuana?  In a nutshell, what are your thoughts on the subject?

Medical use is available for some forms of marijuana but generally it's still illegal here.  I think under a prescribed and monitored scheme if it's shown to have benefits it should be ok. 

4.  On this day in 1979, the Guinness Book of Records presented Paul McCartney with a rhodium disc as the all-time best-selling singer-songwriter. What is your favorite song by Paul McCartney?
Ha, again not really into the Beatles so I don't have a favourite song.  I know that I did NOT like whatever it was Paul McCartney sang at the opening ceremony of the 2012 Olympics in London - I felt he was really showing his age in the quality of his voice.

5.  On this day in 2017, Albert Einstein’s “Theory of Happiness” written on a note as a tip for a bellboy in 1922, sold for $1.6 million.  His Theory of Happiness is: “A calm and modest life brings more happiness than the pursuit of success combined with constant restlessness.”   Was Einstein right?

I think Einstein was right and I think he would have been horrified to hear how much his theory sold for!


6.  Tell us something random about your week so far…
I, who does NOT love Halloween, went pumpkin picking!

(But with this crowd, and a lovely autumn day, of course it was fun!)


4 comments:

  1. I totally agree with the Einstein comment...LOL! He would probably rolling over in his grave on that one! HA

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the 70th canabis was still allowed everywhere even in the States, so it's strange that Jagger had troubles. At Hippie times that was very "in". McCartney was a catastrophe at the Olympics ! I was always afraid that he would loose his voice ! We don't do anything for Halloween, it moved in a few years ago and now apparently it has moved out again !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh your pumpkin picking looks like it was fun!!! I loved your answers! Happy Wednesday!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pumpkin patch.. a must with the little ones!! Thanks for joining in on the Medley questions!! I am still working on getting the linky thing to work.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.