Sunday 28 October 2018

28th October - 31 days - Song

http://fiveminutefriday.com/2018/08/30/31-days-five-minute-free-writing-prompts-2018/


In an effort to get blogging on a regular basis it seems I need a challenge.  I've opted to try and complete this one as it's only supposed to take 5 minutes each day.  Of course it takes a bit longer than that to get the post presented how I want it but the content was done with a timer.

If you want to find out more, join in or just check out other participants click on the image above.

Today’s prompt is Song and here's my 5 minutes' worth:


Hubby and I do NOT have a SONG.  Our tastes in music are very different, as in he has taste, I’ll hear anything.  Yes I deliberately said hear not listen.  I am not a music buff.  I can’t quote interesting facts about which songs are on which album by who and who the drummer/bass/lead guitarist was.  And no I did not grow up in a music free zone.  My Dad had a radiogram and often played music.  Perry Como & Matt Munro spring to mind.  Can you see where I’m coming from.  (If you have no idea what a radiogram is you can see images here.)

Of course hubby and I had “the wedding song” but even that was just something I picked out according to the lyrics, not because it was our song.  I even had to google it just now to remind me who sang it.  For anyone bothered here’s the Youtube video.

I suspect hubby would be cringing at admitting this was our choice.  Thankfully he doesn’t read my blog.
I'm cringing at the lyrics - it suggests our wedding night was going to be a first which would have made my MIL, a devout catholic very happy.  Fortunately I don't think she was ever disappointed in her son's choice of bride.  Oops I'm digressing!
 
When I’m on my own my house is quiet.  I’m not a radio person.  I don’t have to have background noise.  I’m happy with my own company.

But the weird thing is (yeah ok one of the weird things) that I know when things are going well and I’m in a good place because I sing.  Sometimes in my head, sometimes out loud.  Sometimes a song that’s recognisable (I can hold a tune – JUST) sometimes just made up nonsense.
Talking of nonsense, that’s my five minutes worth today.  28 down, 3 to go.  I might actually have this.

3 comments:

  1. You DO have this!! Wendy, I am so happy to know I am not alone in the music (or no-music) world. I don't have a favorite song, singer, album...I like lots of artists and songs but it only plays in the car. I don't really care. Have a good week ahead, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just discovered your blog Wendy and will definitely be back to visit again. I hadn't heard of 31 Days of 5 Minute Free Writes before but love the idea and am really keen to participate next year. Will follow your blog as I found it interesting.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.