Saturday 13 October 2018

Friday's Fave Five 12/10/18


It's Friday again (how did that happen) so it's time to think back on five good things over the last week.

This challenge is hosted by Susanne over at Living to Tell the Story.  Pop over there to find out more and check out other participants.

(Shh I know it's Saturday here in the UK now but it's still Friday where Susanne is!)

Anyway here are my 5.

1)  Last Saturday Hubby and I, along with 4 of his sisters and their partners attended an event in Kingston, south London, to commemorate the daughter of one of their cousins.  Sadly Emily took her own life a few years back and for the last couple of years her family have organised an event to not only celebrate Emily's life but also to raise funds for their local Mental Health charity (MIND).  This was the first time I had been and I really enjoyed it.  There were musical acts as well as comedy and it was a really good evening.  They raised over £6000 so worthwhile too.

2)  We stayed in a hotel overnight rather than try and get home after the event so on Sunday we took a leisurely stroll along the Thames to Richmond where we had a late lunch before heading home.  It was nice to spend time outside - the weather was lovely and the company was good.  I even took some photos!



3.  Sunday was also my best ever step day


4.  I've completed my annual book challenge (52 books) ahead of schedule.

5.  I'm still on track with the 31 days challenge.

Well now I'm off to bed.  Hopefully I'll catch up with your blogs over the weekend although we're a little bit preoccupied - this little man (and his parents) have come to stay for a week!  He also brought the greyhounds.  Going to be a busy week.


6 comments:

  1. What a lovely way to keep Emily's memory alive! Beautiful photos! Wow to those steps! I don't know anyone who has accomplished that many steps in a day! Congrats on the book challenge! Your grandboys are both SO cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your photos esp the top one. It reminded me of a painting by Thomas Gainsborough.
    How fun to have company this week. It will certainly be busy but a good kind of busy, eh?
    Good on you for staying caught up with #Write31Days. I am behind because of several reasons and I even wrote ahead! I hope to get back into the groove tomorrow.
    What a touching and meaningful fundraiser. That money will make a world of difference to some.
    Congrats on your high step count. I wrote about my fitbit this week], too.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks nice this area to Richmond ! Raising 6000 £ is really good !
    I think it will not be a calm week with the little family around, lol !

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very sad event but definitely a nice way to remember her and to raise some money for MIND. Very nice that you stayed overnight and enjoyed your morning. Seriously, 52 books...way to go! Enjoy your company.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful way to celebrate Emily's memory, and such a worthwhile cause. I can't decide if I'm more impressed with your number of steps or books read! Both are great! I love the shirt on your cute little grandson. We have a greyhound in our family, too:) He is belongs to our son and his husband, and we consider him our 5th grandchild, lol. They are such sweet dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great way to keep her memory alive AND to promote mental health issues!!

    Yay for book reading and getting in more than 10,000 steps a day!! Wow though......not much sleep!! I thought mine was low! (6 hrs 20 min)

    Love that you could get a walk in outdoors and cute baby!!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.