Wednesday 24 October 2018

24th October - 31 days - Brief

http://fiveminutefriday.com/2018/08/30/31-days-five-minute-free-writing-prompts-2018/


In an effort to get blogging on a regular basis it seems I need a challenge. I've opted to try and complete this one as it's only supposed to take 5 minutes each day. Of course it takes a bit longer than that to get the post presented how I want it but the content was done with a timer.

If you want to find out more, join in or just check out other participants click on the image above.

Today’s prompt is Brief and here's my 5 minutes' worth brief attempt:

Wait! What? On the one day of the week (Wendysday) when I have more time than any other, when I can plot and write and edit and then edit again the prompt is Brief?

How ironic is that? I know that many of my recent posts have definitely been brief and timed to 5 minutes quite precisely but I was looking forward to today when I had no commitments and some time to myself (hence Wendysday) to actually composing a sensible post.

Well I’m still not going to be brief. Where’s the fun in that? I’m here to waffle.

This is my day, a day for lying in. TICK

A day for breakfast in bed if I’m lucky. TICK (Although I could have done with less garlic in it – hubby does like to experiment but sometimes he’s a bit heavy handed with things. Yes I know I shouldn’t complain but if I don’t tell he he’ll never learn!)

A day to organise myself for the rest of the week. Little tick – not there yet.

A day for catching up on TV I’ve been catching up on laundry instead. Well it has to be done eventually and at least during a day at home I can whizz through it and get it dried thanks to the tumble dryer. It’s a reasonably bright day but the temperature has really dropped since the weekend so it’s not drying outside weather.

Time with hubby? Possibly. A new local bar is advertising an evening for trying out their new wines and we’re hoping to go but it may be too busy. Not sure if you had to book in advance. We’ll see.

Time for catching up on other blogs. TICK

Time for shopping – there are a couple of things I must get today. It’s only going to be a brief visit to the shopping mall but unfortunately it needs to start NOW!

I’ll be back!

2 comments:

  1. Why be brief if you don't have to be?! Good post, Wendy!! Hope you got your shopping done and had that date with your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing a great job getting to all the word prompts. I'm impressed! Hope you enjoyed your evening out.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.